OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
The objective of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification is to develop strategic management and leadership skills for managers who have the authority and personal attributes to translate organisational strategy into effective operational performance. This qualification reflects current practice in Strategic Management and Leadership and allows learners to develop and expand their high-level understanding of strategic management and leadership in the workplace. This qualification is suitable for mature learners with a background in academic study or industry. The qualification has a clear work-related emphasis on practical skills development alongside theoretical fundamentals.
Successful completion of the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification will equip learners with the key skills and capabilities to become an effective strategic manager. The qualification also allows learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards an MBA with advanced standing.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learners must be 21 years old or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
The OTHM Level 7 diplomas on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) are at the same level as master’s degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and learners will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with university to achieve a full masters programme.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership consists of 4 mandatory units and 2 optional units, making a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Strategic Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Leadership (20 credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Advanced Business Research Methods (20 credits)
Optional units: Choose any TWO
- Strategic Financial Management (20 credits)
- Supply Chain and Operations Management (20 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (20 credits)
- Globalisation and Corporate Governance (20 credits)
- Strategic Change Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Marketing (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
- The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
- The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and also join MBA Advanced Entry route at London Graduate School.
As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are also eligible to progress to an MBA top-up with advanced standing with many universities in the UK and overseas. For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.