The NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety qualification is aimed at candidates working as a health and safety practitioner, in a position of responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of a team or organization. The qualification is generic and appropriate for individuals working in a range of sectors. The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The specification for this qualification has been approved by the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) for use by centers in Northern Ireland. This qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- T/602/1912 – Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- L/601/6408 – Develop procedures to safely control work operations
- F/601/9354 – Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- F/601/6633 – Promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace
- H/601/6687 – Conduct a health and safety risk assessment of the workplace
- F/601/6664 Investigate and evaluate health and safety incidents and complaints in the workplace.
- J/601/6701 Make sure actions in the workplace aim to protect the environment.
- M/601/6837 Review health and safety procedures in the workplace.
- Y/601/6847 Supervise the health, safety and welfare of a learner in the workplace.
Assessment is by the production of a personal portfolio demonstrating understanding and application of the standards at this level. This is greatly simplified by our eLearning platform where evidence can be electronically submitted. You will be fully supported by email and telephone.
NVQ Qualification Duration:
The ProQual Level 3 NVQ certificate in Occupational Health and Safety qualification duration will be 310 hours (Average completion time: 6-9 months).
How is this NVQ assessed?
Essentially there are 4 steps to passing this NVQ Level 3 Certificate in OHS.
- NVQ assessors guide you as you submit your evidence.
- Our internal verifier checks over your submitted evidence.
- Your evidence is sent to ProQual to be externally verified.
- Certificate Delivery – Once your work has been checked and passed, we will arrange for your certificate to be posted to you.
Membership to Professional bodies
Candidates may apply to the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management for membership at Associate level
Also, candidates may apply to the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health for membership at Associate or Technician level. Please see this link for guidance: https://iosh.com/health-and-safety-professionals/become-a-member/membership-categories/
Please add to the shopping cart and an SVT course advisor will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your purchase further.
A stepping stone for natural progression from the NEBOSH Award or IOSH Level 2 course, to progress your professional development.
Unlimited tutor support
Our Tutors use the Virtual platform to support students around the world. Our messaging system and support forums are an excellent way to engage, where our tutors can provide expert support.