NEBOSH IGC UK
International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
NEBOSH IGC Course Details. The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is an UK based Board found in 1979, provides a numerous education program in which NEBOSH IGC is the most admired and wanted course by a number of people and HSE professionals.
Assessment Type Assessment Time
Question Papers(IGC 1) 2 hours
Practical Assessment(IGC 2) 3 hours
About the course
NEBOSH International General Certificate is a globally recognized health and safety qualification intended for companies or individuals working to international standards with regards to Health, Safety & Environment. This course focuses on the International Labor Standards (ILO) codes of practice. Upon successful completion of the certificate, delegates can apply for a membership with Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and/or International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) as its qualification meets the academic requirements for Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the IIRSM.
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety.
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like.
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes.
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring.
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health.
- Musculoskeletal health.
- Chemical and biological agents.
- General workplace issues.
- Work equipment.
- Unit IG1 is assessed by a two-hour written examination.
- Unit IG2 is assessed by a three hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace).
IOSH is popular because of its short-term courses that it gives to all participants, as less time and money is invested in this course every industry prefer such courses need to be taken in their organisation.
- Module -1: Introducing managing safely
- Module-2: Assessing risks.
- Module -3: Controlling risks.
- Module -4: Understanding responsibilities.
- Module -5: Understanding hazards.
- Module -6: Investigating incidents.
- Module -7: Measuring performance.
Who Should Attend
- IOSH Managing Safely is an ideal course for any individual in a supervisory or management position to understand why and how to manage safety within their organization effectively.
- 2. IOSH Managing Safely takes participants through the essential steps in effective health and safety management, from identifying and assessing risks and developing control methodologies, to understanding personal and corporate responsibilities.
- 3. The course also includes vital information on the importance of incident investigations and how to conduct an investigation, to identify the root causes of incidents to reduce the risk of repeating similar incidents.
- 4. IOSH Managing Safety provides critical information on how to set leading and positive performance goals and track success against these to drive positive health and safety culture within organizations.
The course includes relevant videos and written course material. Delivery of the course involves significant amounts of group discussion and small group work, with participants expected to feed back their assessments to the wider group for discussion.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Implement risk assessment methods to identify and rank health and safety risks within their business
- Develop controls to reduce or mitigate these risks to minimize business exposure
- Understand both personal and corporate responsibilities relating to health and safety
- Have an understanding of how to investigate incidents to reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence.
- Develop methods of measuring performance against health and safety targets.
- IOSH Managing Safely is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organization worldwide. The course provides the knowledge, skills and tools to tackle the safety and health issues that they’re responsible for.
- Importantly, Managing Safely makes a powerful case for safety and health being an integral part of day-to-day management and business.
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment and risk ranking
- Health and safety critical control selection and implementation
- Incident investigation tools
- Performance measurement
Successful participants are awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate.