INTRODUCTION TO NEBOSH IG COURSE
- NEBOSH IG is an International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- NEBOSH International General Certificate is the introduction to outset perfectly adequate health and safety professional Qualification to enter in to the safety domain.
- The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is an UK based Board found in 1979, provides a numerous education program in which NEBOSH IG is the most admired and wanted course by a number of people and HSE professionals.
ABOUT THE COURSE
NEBOSH International General Certificate is a globally recognized health and safety qualification intended for companies or individuals working to international standards with regards to Health, Safety & Environment. This course focuses on the International Labor Standards (ILO) codes of practice. Upon successful completion of the certificate, delegates can apply for a membership with Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and/or International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) as its qualification meets the academic requirements for Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the IIRSM.
WHAT IS NEBOSH COURSE FOR?
- People all over the world go for NEBOSH International General (NEBOSH IG course) Certificate because it gives them the skills and know-how to fulfill their health and safety responsibilities in any country and in any kind of organization. You will get Nebosh syllabus study material from us.
- This course is for anyone who is seeking to enhance their knowledge of health and safety through an internationally accredited qualification with Nebosh Certification. The NEBOSH Certification is designed for people from all industry sectors who seek to embark on a career in health & safety and for current health & safety practitioners who are looking to further develop their skills and competencies while gaining a formal, internationally recognized Nebosh course qualification.
NEBOSH A QUICK OVERVIEW
- Awarding Body: National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Recommended: Managers, supervisors and employee representatives
- Legislation: Globally
- Duration: 96 Hours (12 days)
- Study: Part time Evening Class and Full time
- Examination: 1 x Online Exam (IG1), plus 1 x Practical Inspection Report (IG 2)
- Schedule: Available annually in the months of March / June / September / December and Based on request also.
- Course Unit modules: 2
- Membership: TechIOSH, AIIRSM
- Progression: NEBOSH International
- International standards for health and safety at work
- Implementation of health and safety management systems
- Identification of workplace hazards
- Methods of hazard control
- Practical application of knowledge and understanding
NEBOSH IG SYLLABUS
NEBOSH Syllabus for IG – 1
IG-1: MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
Why We Should Manage Workplace Health & Safety
How Health & Safety Management Systems Work and What They Look Like
Managing Risk – Understanding People and Processes
Health & Safety Monitoring and Measuring
NEBOSH Syllabus for IG – 2
IG-2: PRACTICAL RISK ASSESSMENT
Physical & Psychological Health
Chemical & Biological Agents
General Workplace Issues
NEBOSH IG contains 2 units in which 1 unit are of theories which will be conducted by the NEBOSH through online. The 2nd unit is practical assessment and it should be submitted to the NEBOSH course provider.
Open Book Examination (Assessment completed at home)
(carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace)
IG 1: MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
This NEBOSH IG 1 unit covers the basic foundation of health and safety, the first and foremost thing is to PLAN, how and what should be done, the second thing is to DO, is what should be i implemented according to the plan, the third thing is to CHECK, the plan executed efficiently or not. The final thing is to ACT, whether the previous steps are been followed properly. This paper provides the full awareness about safety, health and management.
THIS PAPER CONTAINS 4 ELEMENTS:
- Why we should manage workplace health and Safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like • Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring.
IG 2: RISK PROFILING:
This NEBOSH IG 2 unit involves in the concept of hazard and its types in various field. Hazards may be of electricity, chemical, Mining, Ergonomics, Physical, Psychological etc. and its tackling methods to overcome them which contains 7 major elements which are as follows,
- Physical and psychological health.
- Musculoskeletal health.
- Chemical and biological agents.
- General workplace issues.
- Work equipment.
NOTE: These 7 elements are covered in IG 2.
Approximately 96 hours’ time dedication is required to be completed within a one-year period. On average candidates complete the NEBOSH International General in 6-12 months. Overview of Time dedication:
- Unit IG1 and IG2: 65 hours tuition plus 41 hours private study.
- Total: 96 hours.
Unit IG1 of the NEBOSH International Certificate is assessed in what is called an “Open Book” exam. Exam papers will be sent at a notified time and you will then have 24 hours to complete and return them. The exam should only take a few hours to complete and the 24 hours is to meet the needs of all learners in different time zones around the world.
The exam itself comprises scenario-based questions, where you will be given a set scenario(s) and asked questions which test the knowledge you would have gained studying the course. You will be able to access books, but must document all the sources you reference. After the exam you will be interviewed by a Tutor who will be checking that you have an understanding of the responses you gave in the exam along with checking your ID.
Unit IG2 is assessed by a three-hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace).
After the exam you will be interviewed by a Tutor who will be checking that you have an understanding of the responses you gave in the exam along with checking your ID.
The examinations are scheduled on NEBOSH standard examination dates in the months of March / June / September / December.
HOW THE COURSE IS GRADED
Candidates must achieve at least 45% from IG1 written exam paper and a ‘pass‘ from the IG2 practical assignment.
To pass this NEBOSH IG Certificate, you’ll need to achieve:
- At least 45 marks out of 100 from the IG1 written exam paper, plus
- A ‘pass’ for the IG2 practical assignment. You can only gain a ‘pass’ or ‘refer’ grade for the assignment.
To pass the NEBOSH IG Certificate qualification you will need to complete the single IG 1 written exam paper successfully and achieve a ‘pass’ grade for the practical assignment IG2 before a final overall grade is awarded.
Passing grades come in three categories, for the IG1 paper students must score at least: 45 – 64 marks to gain a ‘pass ‘, 65 – 74 marks gain a ‘credit’ and 75 marks or more for a distinction! Candidates must also achieve a ‘pass‘ grade for the IG2 practical assignment.
UNLIMITED TUTOR SUPPORT
Our Tutors use the Virtual platform to support students around the world. Our messaging system and support forums are an excellent way to engage, where our tutors can provide expert support.
After successful completion of this IPD process student will then be eligible for Chartered membership of IOSH (CMIOSH).