NEBOSH WORKING WITH WELLBEING
INTRODUCTION TO NEBOSH WORKING WITH WELLBEING
Working with Wellbeing is an introductory level qualification that looks at workplace wellbeing at both an individual and organisational level. It is relevant to any business, in any sector, and utilises real life case studies. The syllabus and accompanying workbook are based on recognised research. On completion of the course, your learners will:
- understand what wellbeing is and why it matters;
- understand how wellbeing can be improved (including use of the NEBOSH ‘wellbeing tree’); and
- be able to intervene to improve wellbeing in the workplace.
WHO IS IT FOR?
If you are looking to have a positive influence on wellbeing in your workplace, this qualification is a great choice for you. It is particularly relevant to HR specialists, Health and Safety professionals and those with people management responsibilities.
Investing in good wellbeing will bring benefits to your business as well as your workforce. Research has shown that good wellbeing can:
- Reduce staff turnover
- Reduce sickness absence
- Reduce accidents and injuries
- Increase employee satisfaction and engagement
- Increase productivity.
Throughout the qualification learners identify initiatives that can make a real difference in your workplace.
BENEFITS FOR LEARNER
Based on research and best practice, Working with Wellbeing provides a holistic approach that is relevant for any
sector, anywhere in the world. It covers:
- what ‘wellbeing’ is and why it matters
- the different factors that can positively and negatively impact wellbeing
- the benefits of achieving good worker wellbeing
- practical initiatives that can improve wellbeing
- how to measure the effectiveness of wellbeing initiatives.
The qualification introduces the concept of the NEBOSH ‘Wellbeing tree’ which considers six key areas of wellbeing – Interaction, Exercise, Mindfulness, Nutrition, Kindness and Learning. Through your participation you will gain the knowledge and confidence necessary to positively influence employee wellbeing in your workplace.
QUALIFICATION KEY FEATURES
The assessment checks your understanding and ability to apply what you have learnt to your workplace. First you will review the strengths and weaknesses in relation to each area of wellbeing within your workplace. Then you will produce a wellbeing intervention plan for your workplace, explaining how its effectiveness will be evaluated.
SYLLABUS SUMMARY, LEARNING OUTCOMES AND ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
UNLIMITED TUTOR SUPPORT
Our Tutors use the Virtual platform to support students around the world. Our messaging system and support forums are an excellent way to engage, where our tutors can provide expert support.