NEBOSH International Diploma Course in India & UAE
INTRODUCTION TO CERTIFICATE IN PROCESS SAFETY COURSE
- NEBOSH has joined forces with Great Britain’s Health and Safety Regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), to develop the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management.
- This process safety management qualification is the result of the unique collaboration which combines the advanced technical ‘high hazard’ expertise of HSE with NEBOSH’s ability to deliver strong vocational OSH qualifications.
- This qualification is designed to equip delegates with a broad understanding of the accepted principles and recognized industrial practices for the management of process risk. This will ensure that they can recognize and contribute to the control process safety hazards.
- Our qualifications are developed based on extensive research with health and safety professionals, employers, professional bodies, and regulators to ensure are relevant and rigorous as well as achievable and practical.
Get Free NEBOSH Qualification
ABOUT THE COURSE
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is designed to cover a range of issues affecting process industries.
Why is NEBOSH required?
Key topics covered by this qualification include:
- Establishment of process management systems
- Asset management and maintenance strategies
- Safe start-up and shutdown of process plant
- Performance standards for safety critical systems and equipment
- Hazards and controls for:
o Chemical reaction
o Bulk storage of dangerous substances
o Fire and explosion
- Purpose and features of emergency plans
This unit is divided into the following four key elements:
- Process safety leadership
- Management of process risk
- Process safety hazard control
- Fire and explosion protection
How is the Qualification Assessed?
- Learners will complete a multiple choice question assessment. The assessment can be completed online.
- Read more about online multiple choice question assessments: Online Multiple Choice.
- A qualification parchment will be sent following successful completion of the examination.
Learners must be registered before they can take an examination. All examination registrations must be
completed by an accredited learning partner.
Examination entry confirmation
Once your learning partner has registered you to an examination, they will send you an Examination Entry Confirmation that includes your learner number, and important information relating to your examination and results process. Please ensure that you check your name is spelt correctly and report
this to your learning partner and NEBOSH if any changes are required.
The Examination Entry Confirmation is essential to gain entry to the examination room, you will need to show a form of photographic identification to the invigilator and then sign the Examination Entry Confirmation. Please contact your learning partner if you have not received your Examination Entry Confirmation.
PSM1 – multiple-choice question assessment. This assessment is now be completed online, see Multiple Choice Question Assessments page for more information.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, but’ it is recommended that learners should already have an underpinning knowledge of health and safety issues, and many will have gained another NEBOSH qualification.
You should plan your study around a minimum of 28 taught hours and approximately 20 hours of private study.
PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION AND SQA ACCREDITATION
Maintaining professional standards
In the UK – and, increasingly, worldwide – regulatory accreditation is recognized as a badge of quality, allowing our qualifications to retain their highly regarded professional status. The UK accredited qualifications provide you with certain guarantees that the qualification:
- Meets specific quality criteria that ensure it is fit for its purpose
- Includes relevant content
- Uses appropriate assessment methodology
- Is mapped to relevant National Occupational Standards (NOS)
- Is supported by relevant stakeholders including employers
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is not accredited by SQA Accreditation. However, it is intended to be broadly comparable to Level 7 in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF), and comparable to RQF Level 4 in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Valued by Employers
NEBOSH qualifications can play an important part in ensuring that the health and safety provision businesses have in place is effective. This may explain why so many organizations choose to include NEBOSH qualifications on their competency matrices.
You will receive your results within 15 working days of sitting the examination. Once you have achieved a pass a qualification parchment will be issued. This is normally within 20 working days of the confirmation of the successful unit.
UNLIMITED TUTOR SUPPORT
Our Tutors use the Virtual platform to support students around the world. Our messaging system and support forums are an excellent way to engage, where our tutors can provide expert support.